Q. Does the library subscribe to Foundation Directory Online?
Answered By: Rob Bruno Last Updated: Feb 02, 2018 Views: 37
While the Levy Library no longer subscribes to the full version of Foundation Directory Online, you can obtain a free basic version called FDO Quick Start. Click the Get Started Now button and create your own account; no credit card is needed. This will give you the ability to search Foundation 990s by keyword and browse over 100,000 foundation profiles free of charge.
If you want to search the full version of Foundation Directory Online, you can either visit the Foundation Center (they have a location in every borough in NYC) or purchase a personal subscription. Foundation Center locator can help you find a library near you that offers free access to the full version of Foundation Directory Online.
Other Foundation Center Resources
- Philanthropy News Digest (published by the Foundation Center) posts freely available foundation RFPs, you can limit by subject and search by keyword. There are subject categories for medical research, sci-tech, and mental health, among others.
- Foundation Center FAQs are very thorough and provide information about obtaining funding, proposal writing, and related fundraising topics.
- Foundation Center Ask Us: chat with a Foundation Center librarian for further assistance.
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Resources
Two departments at the Icahn School of Medicine can also assist you:
- The Corporate and Foundations Relations Office can also assist you in obtaining a foundation grant.
- The Grants and Contracts Office posts information about government funding sources and compiles a monthly list of funding opportunities.
If you are interested in resources related to the granting writing process, please visit the Levy Library's Grant Writing Resources page.