Answered By: Last Updated: Feb 13, 2024 Views: 305
If you do not have an active Mount Sinai email address with an email domain that contains @mssm.edu, @icahn.mssm.edu, or @mountsinai.org , you must use your Mount Sinai username (also called UPN) to sign in and authenticate through the Mount Sinai Sign in page.
If you are directed to the OpenAthens sign on page, please choose "Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai"
There are two separate pages you may encounter during the sign in and authentication process:
If you are redirected to the Microsoft Account login page, enter your provided username + @mountsinai.org
If you are redirected to the Mount Sinai Sign in page, you must enter the appropriate school or hospital prefix + your Mount Sinai username (network ID)
- Hospital Employee = MSNYUHEALTH\Username
- ISMMS Staff or Student = MSSMCAMPUS\Username
- PSON student = MSNYUHEALTH\Username
Connecting from off-campus?
If you are connecting from off-campus and not connected to VPN or using a web browser outside of the VPN, you must confirm your identity with Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to connect library resources. The MFA screen will display a number or options available for you to authenticate your identity.
You will be required to enroll in Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to connect to library resources remotely. If you haven't enrolled yet, please visit the following websites to enroll:
If you are experiencing issues with the Mount Sinai VPN and authentication process (i.e. VIP Symantec, 2FA, MFA) or do not know the correct prefix to use, review the help options:
- IT Security Guide on how to set up and/or troubleshoot VPN and authentication
- Contact the IT Help Desk for assistance
If you need assistance obtaining your Mount Sinai credentials or resetting your password, please contact the IT Help Desk or use the Mount Sinai Password Manager:
- The Mount Sinai Hospital and Mount Sinai Queens: 212-241-4357
- The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai: 212-241-7091 or ASCIT@mssm.edu
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel/Downtown, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, Mount Sinai Morningside and Mount Sinai West: 212-523-6486
- To reset your password, use the Mount Sinai Microsoft Password Manager ( or call 212-241-4357 for assistance). *Note: you must have challenge questions set up to use the self-serve online password manager.